7 Aug 2016

mum’s orange and sultana cupcakes

I’m thinking of turning Dig In over to my mum (actually she suggested it first). Or, baking cakes only after mum has successfully, deliciously, tried the recipe first.

Mum’s orange and sultana cupcakes
Adapted from ‘Better Baking’. Originally a small loaf cake, I made the recipe as cupcakes to use up some baking papers. Either way, it goes nicely with an afternoon cup of tea.
  • Preheat your oven to 160 and prep your muffin tins.
  • Cream 90 gms soft butter with ¾ cup sugar and the zest of 1 orange.
  • Beat in 2 eggs.
  • Sift in 1½ cups SR flour.
  • Fold in ½ cup sour cream and ½ cup sultanas.
  • Add mixture to tin and bake until done; cupcakes will only take about 25 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Delicious, I love a little sultana cupcake. My mum used to bake something very similar to this for us as children. So soft and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something homely and un-trendy and enduring about sultana cakes, isn't there jane?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and absolutely delicious! This is my kinda cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baking like this. These are classic little cakes. My kind of baking. Mum knows best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, I agree with every word you've said, jem!

      Delete
  5. Yum.....I think I will give this recipe a go this week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks meg, and welcome to dig in! I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

Word-verification is on, as the robot-spammers are loving my tuna past bake too much at the moment! I hope you understand - and I hope you'll still leave a comment at Dig In. I love hearing your thoughts, knowing someone is reading, and will always reply. Unless you're a robot-spammer.