I’m thinking of turning Dig In over to my mum (actually she suggested it first). Or, baking cakes only after mum has successfully, deliciously, tried the recipe first.
Mum’s orange and sultana cupcakes
Adapted from ‘Better Baking’. Originally a small loaf cake, I made the recipe as cupcakes to use up some baking papers. Either way, it goes nicely with an afternoon cup of tea.
- Preheat your oven to 160 and prep your muffin tins.
- Cream 90 gms soft butter with ¾ cup sugar and the zest of 1 orange.
- Beat in 2 eggs.
- Sift in 1½ cups SR flour.
- Fold in ½ cup sour cream and ½ cup sultanas.
- Add mixture to tin and bake until done; cupcakes will only take about 25 minutes.